- Sudan is the largest country in Africa bordering seven countries and has a very diverse topography.
- The agriculture sector is a major contributor to Sudan’s economy: 31% of GDP in 2009.
- Rain fed agriculture covers a large area in Sudan.
- The main exports are crude oil, cotton, Arabic gum, sesame, groundnuts, fruits and vegetables, livestock, sugar, and Ethanol.
- Within the agricultural sector in Sudan, statistics indicate that crop production comprises 53% of agricultural output, livestock constitutes 38% and forestry and fisheries constitute 9%.
|Population growth 2009
||USD 54.3 billion
|GDP growth 2009
|GDP per capita 2009
Structure of the Economy
Click here to know more about sudan